How to Make Lasagna Roll Ups
For Boiling Lasagna Sheets
- Take a deep pan and heat up 1 tablespoon of oil in it.
- Add as much water as you need and salt to taste then bring it to boil.
- Once the water is boiling add lasagna sheets into it.
- Boil for 4 to 5 minutes until the sheets are half done. Then take it off the stove.
- Pour room temperature water into a separate bowl and put lasagna sheets into it. After 5 minutes, drain the bowl and let the sheets rest until needed.
For Red Sauce with Minced Meat or Chicken
- Take a frying pan and add 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil in it. Heat it up.
- Now add chopped onion into it and fry until it turns translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and fry a little more. Then add the minced meat or chicken and mix them well.
- Let the meat or chicken get tender. Then add one teaspoon of crushed red chili, one and a half teaspoons of black pepper, one teaspoon of cumin powder, salt to taste and one teaspoon of dried oregano. Mix these well and keep on heat until all spices have been cooked well.
- Then add the tomato puree to the mixture and cover it up to cook for the next 4 to 5 minutes.
- Set it aside when it’s done.
For White Sauce
- Take a separate pan and heat up some butter in it.
- Add all-purpose flour into it and mix well.
- Gradually add milk to the mixture while you are still mixing it.
- Add one and a half teaspoons of powdered black pepper, one teaspoon of dried oregano, grated cheddar cheese and salt to taste into it. Then mix until the sauce thickens.
- Now add fresh basil leaves to the sauce and stir well.
For Assembling Lasagna Roll Ups
- Take a microwave dish and spread the red sauce at the very bottom of it.
- Lay out a single lasagna sheet on a smooth platform. Spread the white sauce over the sheet. Now pour a thick layer of the red sauce on top of it. Roll up the sheet and place it into a corner of the dish. Do the same with the rest of the sheets until the dish is full.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese on top of the roll ups. Sprinkle some dried oregano and crushed red chili on top of the cheese. Now, garnish with red jalapenos.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degree centigrade for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot!
- The name lasagna was originally the name of the pot in which it was cooked.
- Another name for lasagna is ‘losyns’ in Middle English.