How to Make Spaghetti Pie
For preparation of Spaghetti Gravy with Minced Sausages
- Heat up oil in a non stick frying pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and fry until it turns translucent.
- Then add broccoli and 2 tablespoon water in it. Mix them well.
- Add sausages and fry until they are tender.
- Add tomato paste and whole tomatoes in the pan. Use your tongs to crush the tomatoes into fine paste as you cook. Add salt to taste and let it simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken the mixture.
For Boiling Spaghetti
- Boil up water in a deep pan with salt. As the water begins to boil add spaghetti. Add one tablespoon oil in the water as well.
- Take the spaghetti off the stove when it’s done, drain the hot water, run it once through room temperature water and set it aside for the next step.
For Assembling the Pie
- Take a separate pan.
- Pour milk into it and break open 3 eggs in it. Frisk them using a hand blender rather than electronic blender.
- Add one teaspoon salt, black pepper powder, grated cheddar cheese, grated fontina cheese and parmesan and mix them well. Add the prepared gravy and the boiled spaghetti to this mixture. Once completely blended, pour the spaghetti into a baking pan.
- Bake it at 22 degree centigrade or 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
- Once baked, garnish it with half a cup of parmesan and sage.
- Broil it for 5 minutes.
- Then remove the baking pan and serve hot!
- Spaghetti is the plural of spaghetto which in Italian means a thin string or twine.
- Spaghetti and noodles are not the same things. “Noodle” is the Asian version of spaghetti.
- There is a National Spaghetti Day and it is celebrated on January 4th.