How to make Khakra
- Combine all ingredients, add water as required, and make a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions, and roll out each ball wafer thin. While you’re at it, dust with more flour, if necessary.
- Preheat a tortilla maker or a pan.
- Brush a very small amount of the cooking oil onto the pan and place flattened dough.When you see a few 'bubbles' appear on the upper surface flip the wafer and gently press down and around on the wafer in a circular motion, with a thick and clean kitchen towel.
- Continue pressing in a circular path and in the center till the lower surface is crisp, speckled and golden.
- Flip and repeat on the other side till golden and speckled.
- Repeat the process for the other pieces.
- Remove from heat and transfer to airtight containers.