How to make Karanji Recipe
- Heat the oil and add all-purpose flour, salt, and sooji in a bowl. Pour hot oil over the mixture. Mix well allowing it to become crumbly.
- Pour the warm milk over to form a dough of medium consistency. Cover the dough and let it rest undisturbed for half an hour.
- To prepare the filling, dry roast the sooji and poppy seeds separately until light brown. Addcoconut, sugar, dry fruits, and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Knead the dough to make it as smooth as possible. Divide it into 3 equal parts and roll them into three thin rotis.
- Mix the ghee and rice flour and allow to turn creamy and smooth. Take one of the rotis and spread the rice flour mixture over it evenly. Place the second roti over it and spread a new layer of the rice flour mixture over it.
- Now place the third roti and roll it evenly to make it thinner. Spread some rice flour mixture again.
- Begin rolling the three rotis together and divide into three parts.
- Roll the dough balls like you would for poori. Fill with the stuffing and add milk around the edges. Seal the karanji properly.
- Deep fry them until they acquire a beautiful golden color.
Maharashtrian hospitality is legendary indeed.In the ancient times, it is believed that the feasts began at mid-day, ending at sunset! The meal was dedicated to God, with several verses sung on Him when the food was presented.