Italian wedding cake martini
ounces of vanilla vodka
ounces of Crème de Cacao
ounces of pineapple juice to fill the shaker
ounces of amaretto
How to Make Italian wedding cake martini
- Combine the ingredients and ice in a cocktail shaker
- Shake it briefly, but vigorously, just enough for the mixture to blend right.
- Pour into a martini glass.
- Moisten the rims of the martini glasses with the pineapple juice. Shake off and dip into the cake mixture.
- The Martini is one of the most widely consumed cocktail, tracing its roots back to as early as 1862.
- The popularity of gin has waned over the years and the original recipe has been lost in time, changing considerably during the centuries.
- When it comes to cakes, Queen Victoria was one of the first people to have pure white icing on her wedding cake.
- It used to be called bridal pie, but the name was changed to wedding cake.
- The largest wedding cake ever had about 10,000 pounds of cake batter and over 4800 pounds of frosting. It stood at 17 feet tall and weighed over 15,000 pounds.
- The first wedding cake ever was composed of loaves of bread.
- The tallest ever cake is over 26 feet tall.
- It wasn’t until the 1950s that cake toppers became popular, when couples started to use them on their wedding cakes.
- Italians eat a bread cake known as il panettone, at Christmas.
- At Easter, Italians have a tradition of eating a special bread cake which is in the shape of a dove. It is called La Colomba.