How to Make Italian torte
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Place a 9 inch springform pan on a thick heavy duty foil (about 16 inch square). Securely wrap foil around the pan.
- Unravel one tube of crescent roll and divide it into triangles. Press the triangles onto the bottom of the prepared pan to form a curst.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat
- Add spinach, mushrooms. Cook and stir them until the mushrooms are just tender
- Drain on several layers of paper towels.
- Whisk six eggs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper in a large bowl.
- Cover the crust with ham, salami, provolone cheese, spinach and red peppers.
- Use half of the egg mixture over the top. Repeat the layers, topping with the remaining egg mixture.
- Unroll the remaining crescent dough into triangles.
- Press them together to form a circle. Place them over the filling.
- Bake them uncovered for about 1 hour. Cover loosely with foil if needed, to prevent overbrowning.
Remove the dish with a knife. Let it stand for about 20 minutes and then serve.