How to Make Italian Style Sausage
- Take a small bowl and bring together the ground black pepper, parsley, Italian-style seasoning, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, anise, paprika, minced onion flakes and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Put pork in another large bowl and include the spice mix to it. Blend the mixture thoroughly with your hands.
- Now take a large skillet and put it over medium-high heat, cook the seasoned pork for about 10 minutes or until it is nice-brown and crumbly.
- Serve with a sauce or additional toppings as you may like.
- The most renowned sausage in old Italy was from Lucania (current Basilicata) and was called lucanica, a name which lives on in form of today’s sausages in the Mediterranean.
- During the rule of the Roman sovereign Nero, sausages were a major part of the Lupercalia festival.
- During the early 10th century, amid the Byzantine Empire, Leo VI the Wise banned sausages following instances of food poisoning.