- 1 1/2 pounds of lean beef, ground
- 1 cup of fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, Italian-seasoned
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, fresh and shredded
- 1/2 cup of onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of flat-leaf parsley, fresh and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- Cooking spray
Full of Italian flavors and rich texture, the Italian-styled meatloaf is an irresistible dish. A perfect blend of tomatoes, basil, Parmesan cheese and oregano with the enriching ground beef, this meatloaf is a delectable favorite.
It is loaded with different flavors!.
Italian-styled meatloaf is rich in nutrition. It has 263 calories per serving and constitutes of sufficient amount of nutrients required by the body like vitamins A, B, and C. Making Italian-styled meatloaf at home allows you to reduce the amount of sodium in it.
How to Make Italian-Styled Meatloaf
The Italian-styled meatloaf was brought to America by the Italian immigrants and the same recipe of making Italian meatballs was followed in making Italian meatloaf.