- 1 package frozen tortellini filled with cheese
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 jar Marinara sauce
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- sour cream (optional)
Italian Sausage Tortellini Bake is a classic dish that never disappoints. So here we are with its simple delicious recipe that contains everyone’s three favorite ingredients: cheese, meat and tortellini pasta.
- A small serving of pasta keeps you satiated for a very long time. After eating it, you will be less inclined to eat junk food.
- Whole grain pasta helps the body fight against colon and stomach cancer.
- Pasta helps you lose weight faster.
- It has low sodium content, which helps you avoid heart diseases and diabetes, and lower high blood pressure.
- It has a low fat content.
It regulates blood sugar, which can prevent obesity.
How to Make Italian Sausage Tortellini Bake
Plate a slice and top it with sour cream. Enjoy
It is believed that the dish was made by the host of an inn who was inspired by Lucrezia Benuzzi's beauty. The man overcame with such ecstasy on his guest’s beauty that he peeped into her room but could only see her navel. This had him rushing to the kitchen and preparing a dish that was later named as “Tortellini”.