How to Make Italian Sausage Dip
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan, over medium heat, you will need to add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and add the onion, Anaheim chili pepper, and jalapeno. Sauté it for 10 minutes and then add the garlic, all seasoning, ½ of the diced tomatoes and let it cook for 3 additional minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, blend it well, and set it aside.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of oil to the same pan, add the sausage, break it apart, and let it cook for 10 minutes. Drain the pan and add the chopped veggies to it, and mix well.
- Lastly, add the mayonnaise and sour cream to the pan and mix well. Then, add 2 cups of the cheeses (1 cup Jack and 1 of cheddar) and half of the green onion and set it aside.
- In a small greased casserole dish, you will need to add the sausage and pour the blended mixture, and sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cheeses. Let it bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the dip rest for 10 minutes before serving. Add any garnishes and serve with your favorite snacks.
- National chip and dip day is on March 23.
- Dips are eaten to enhance the flavor of a dish or to add texture.
There are hundreds of variations that can be done to dips according to personal preferences.