- Boil the lentils then set aside to cool.
- Combine the cooked lentils and some water in a mixie jar.
- Add the curry leaves, cumin seeds, dry red chillies and onions.
- Grind to a smooth paste.
- Add extra water as needed.
- Add the ground paste to the regular dosa batter.
- Add about 1 cup of water to thin the batter.
- Heat the dosa griddle until it becomes medium hot.
- Add ½ cup batter.
- Swirl to completely cover the dosa griddle.
- Sprinkle oil or ghee onto the dosa.
- Cook until the sides of the kollu dosa turns a nice golden brown.
- Loosen the edges of the dosa using a steel spatula.
- Flip the kollu dosa.
- Cook for 30 seconds more.
Horse gram gets its name from the fact that it is traditionally a staple for horse feed.