How to make Butter Dosa
- Soak rice, urad dhal, and fenugreek seeds separately for 8 hours.
- Clean the contents and drain the water.
- Coarsely grind the rice first in a wet grinder.
- Add soaked dhal, puffed rice, fenugreek seeds, and maida to the coarse ground rice then grind into a fine paste.
- Remove the contents and thoroughly mix with salt.
- Set aside overnight for at least 8 hours
- Add baking soda to the batter and mix it well the next morning.
- Check the consistency and add water as necessary for a smooth flow
- Heat a cast iron tawa on the oven.
- Once hot, grease it with a dollop of butter and pour a cup of batter on it.
- Spread the batter across the tawa to make a thin layer.
- Allow it to cook and add butter as required until it browns.
- Flip it on the tawa so that there is no uncooked area.
- Let simmer for a few more seconds and then remove.
Recently, the dosa has achieved worldwide fame, where it is commonly eaten as a snack or as a meal.