- Grind oats to a fine powder.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (except ENO rice flour, asafetida, salt, and cumin seeds) and mix well.
Note: ENO is added just before making dosa.
- Fold in yoghurt and add water as needed to make batter of flowing consistency. Let the batter rest for about fifteen minutes.
- Add green chilies, cilantro, cabbage, and carrots and mix thoroughly.
- Place a cast iron tava over medium-high heat. Grease the tava lightly.
- Test the heat by sprinkling a few drops of water on the tava; the water should sizzle right away.
- Stir in ENO to the batter.
- Laddle out some batter and spread evenly with the back of a spoon to form a circle of about seven inches in diameter.
- Gently drizzle one teaspoon of oil around the pancake.
- Wait about 30 seconds, then flip the dosa using a flat spatula.
- Press the dosa lightly with the spatula all around to ensure the dosa is cooked evenly.
Note: The dosa should be golden brown on both sides.
Oats were one of the first cereals cultivated by humanity.