Hazelnut and Mushroom Pilaf
cup uncooked long-grain rice
cup uncooked orzo pasta
cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
cup onion, chopped
cup celery, minced
cups chicken broth
tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
tsp dried marjoram
tsp black pepper, ground
cup hazelnut, toasted and chopped
How to make Hazelnut and Mushroom Pilaf
- To a large skillet, add butter. On a medium flame, melt the butter.
- Sauté the rice gently in melted butter. Add the orzo, mushrooms and finally the onion, and the celery.
- Stir continuously until the rice turns lightly brown.
- Add the chicken broth, pepper parsley, marjoram, and hazelnuts.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce the flame. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove off flame and allow it to stand for 10 more minutes before you serve.
- Fresh mushroom are always dry. The drier a mushroom is, the fresher it is.
- Surprisingly, mushrooms are 80%-90% water.