- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup hazelnut, toasted and chopped
If you are a foodie who appreciates texture in food as much as the appeal and flavor, then this pilaf is a must try for you. Long grain rice is cooked in a flavorful broth along with mushrooms and hazelnuts. The soft and meaty mushrooms along with the rich and crunchy hazelnuts all bring in a delightful texture to this pilaf. Mushrooms are earthy and taste great but you could add some meat if you prefer it over mushrooms. This pilaf makes for a great mid-day or dinner meal. You can choose brown rice or a rice variant of your choice to make this pilaf.
- Mushroom are rich in antioxidants and Selenium. Antioxidants help build the immunity levels.
- Mushroom are a good source of vitamin D and proteins. If you are on a plant based diet, then mushrooms are your best bet for protein and fiber.
How to make Hazelnut and Mushroom Pilaf