Honey-Ginger Grilled Salmon
How to make Honey-Ginger Grilled Salmon
- In a small bowl, add honey, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and orange juice.
- Chop the green onion to fine slices and add it to the marinade and mix well.
- Use a large bowl or large zip lock plastic bag to marinate the salmon. Make sure that the fillet is well coated with the sauces.
- Store the marinated salmon in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes (this lets the marinade seep into the fish and makes it flavorful!)
The Cooking Process
- Preheat the grill on a medium-high heat and oil the grates.
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator and discard the excess marinade.
- Grill the fish for 6-8 minutes, per inch of thickness.
- Use a fork to check if the fish is cooked. Well-cooked salmon flakes easily when using a fork.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish before you serve.
- Salmon and shrimp are the most popular seafood served at high-end restaurants
- Salmon is categorized as a ‘fatty fish’ (a fish that has high levels of omega-3 fatty acids) but unlike its counterparts, the smelly sardines, mackerels and tuna, it does not carry the ‘fishy’ smell or taste.