Goat Cheese and Arugula over Penne
oz dried penne pasta
4 to 5 ½ oz goat cheese
cup cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
cup olive oil
tbsp pine nuts, toasted
tsp garlic, finely chopped
tsp garlic, finely chopped and roasted
tbsp basil, finely chopped
tsp freshly ground black pepper
How to make Goat Cheese and Arugula over Penne
- Boil water in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook till al dente.
- To a medium-sized bowl. Add the arugula, goat cheese, chopped tomatoes, olive oil, chopped garlic, roasted garlic, pine nuts, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Drain pasta and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add the goat cheese mixture to the pasta and toss so the pasta and cheese combine well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- It takes about three days to prepare goat cheese during which the cheese changes in appearance and tastes stronger.
- Penne, the plural of the Italian “penna”, is a kind of pasta with cylinder-shaped pieces.
- Arugula is also called “rucola” or “garden rocket”.