- 1/4 cup of tub light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly grounded black pepper
- 8 slices of freshly baked whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces of low-fat ham
- 8 thick slices of a large ripped tomato
- 1/4 cup of shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Note: you can add more toppings, cheese and meat according to your taste.
The sandwich is named after Lord Sandwich, a gambler who didn’t have the time to eat during the plays so he would order his servants to bring him pieces of meat in between the slices of bread.