How to make Green Peas Chutney
- Add green peas to a vessel and boil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the water and separate the peas. Now let the peas cool down for a while and then transfer to a mixer jar.
- Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chili, garlic, and ginger to it and blend.
- Note: Add water to the blender if required.
- Add sugar and black salt and blend again.
- Transfer the contents into a bowl.
- Pour lemon juice over the chutney and mix thoroughly. Green peas chutney is ready to be served.
- Peas that we use normally are green in color because these are picked when still immature. A ripe pea is more yellow.
- Pea plants have white or pink flowers.
- Peas quickly lose the sweet taste, once harvested.
- The less water you use while cooking peas, the less vitamin C is lost.
- The oldest pea ever found was in Thailand, and it was nearly 3000 years old.