How to make Gongura Pachadi
- Heat oil in a pan. Add red chilies, curry leaves, and garlic and sauté them.
- Add sorrel leaves and toss them. Cook for 2 minutes until they turn soft.
- Note: Do not add sorrel leaves in the beginning as they get cooked very fast, and we do not want to overcook the gongura leaves for this recipe.
- Let the mixture rest for a while. Transfer the contents into a blender.
- Add salt and grind the mixture to a coarse paste.
- Pour the contents into a bowl, and the gongura chutney is ready to be served.
- Sorrel is available throughout the year. It is native to Europe and Asia.
- Excess intake may contribute to the growth of kidney stones.
- While cooking sorrel, it is advisable not to use cast iron or aluminum cookware, as the metal ay interact with the oxalic acid present in the herb and produce an unpleasant taste.