- 8-10 red chilies
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 bunch sorrel leaves- washed well and dried
- 4-5 curry leaves
- salt to taste
This chutney is an authentic Andhra recipe. It is prepared and enjoyed during almost all of the local festivals in the state. The star ingredient of this recipe is gongura leaves, also known as sorrel leaves in English. These are used as a dressing in soups and salads very commonly, as these keep the digestive system very healthy. This delicious chutney tastes best when served with hot steaming rice and melted ghee over it.
- Sorrel leaves are a rich source of iron, vitamins, folic acid, and These are highly recommended for patients with heart conditions and diabetes.
- These are widely used to cure chronic skin diseases and arthritis problems.
- Reduces the conditions of diarrhea, constipation, bloating and craping.
- Its dietary fiber helps in reducing overall cholesterol in the body.
- Its vitamin A and vitamin C content help in treating skin rashes and irritation.
How to make Gongura Pachadi