How to Make Gourmet Mushroom Risotto
- In a medium saucepan, warm the broth on low heat.
- In a large saucepan, warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are tender (this takes 3 minutes). Take the mushrooms out and their liquid, and set aside.
- In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the shallots. Let the shallots cook for 1 minute. Add the rice in and let them get coated in the oil (for 2 minutes). When the rice color has turned to pale, golden, and then you can pour in the wine. Make sure you are constantly stirring it until the wine is fully absorbed.
- Pour ½ of the broth into the rice and stir until it gets absorbed. You need to keep adding the broth (1/2 cup at a time) while you are constantly stirring until the rice absorbs all the liquid, this will take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and add the mushrooms (with their liquid), butter, chives, and parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Risotto is cooked in a broth until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- There are many different variations of risotto.
- When sold in restaurants, the prices of risotto are determined according to the rice used in the dish.
There can be additions of wine, butter, onions, and many other things as well.