How to Make Garlic and Herb Marinade
- In a nonreactive dish, whisk all the ingredients together (properly). Put the meat –of your choice- and rub the marinade on it. Once the marinade is on the meat properly, then you must cover and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, while you keep turning the meat after a few minutes.
- After the time is over, you can take the meat out of the refrigerator and let it come to a cool room temperature before you proceed to cooking. Take the meat out of the marinade and discard it right away. With the help of a paper towel, you will need to remove any excess pieces of the garlic and herbs from the meat. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
- Cook the meat as you wish, garnish it with earthy herbs, and serve it with the lemon wedges.
- The basic meaning of marinade is “seasoned liquid that you soak a piece of meat in to enhance its flavors before cooking.”
- Marinades need to be left on for a specific amount of time because they have acidic elements (like vinegar, limejuice, lemons, or wine) to tenderize the meat.
Just like other foods, marinades can be adjusted according to your preferences.