How to make Gourmet Chicken Salad
- Sprinkle lemon juice on the chicken placed in a skillet. Add half of the rosemary.
- Add the broth to the skillet. Allow it to boil and reduce the flame. Simmer until the chicken juices flow clear. This will take approximately 25 minutes.
- Drain and cool. Dice the chicken. Toss it with lemon zest in a bowl. Add in the walnuts, rosemary, celery, blue cheese, brown mustard, mayonnaise, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before relishing.
- Did you know that the word “Salad” comes from the Latin “herbasalta” meaning “salted herbs”? Traditionally, green veggies were seasoned with lots of dressings comprising of salt and hence the name! Interesting, isn’t it?
- The Latin “sal” (meaning “salt”) is believed to conceal the roots of the word “salad”. In the year 1883 was first published a cookbook that was themed specifically around salads.
- Lettuce, a popular ingredient in salads, in its wild form is believed to have soporific effects. The Romans in fact served lettuce post dinner!