Golden Vegan Cauliflower ‘Bisque’
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup frozen vegetable blend (peppers, onions, celery, and parsley)
1 clove garlic – crushed and minced
2 lbs fresh cauliflower – cut into florets
1/2 lb carrots – sliced
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp seasoned salt
32 oz vegetable broth
28 oz coconut milk
salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make Vegan Cauliflower 'Bisque'
- Heat vegetable oil in a 4 qt pot with a tight-fitting lid at a medium-low temperature.
- Add vegetables.
- Cook and stir veggies for 7-10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until they turn fragrant.
- Stir cauliflower and carrot into the vegetable mixture.
- Season with seasoned salt and allspice.
- Pour vegetable broth over the vegetable mixture.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook vegetables until they turn soft.
- Ladle half the vegetables into a blender and cover with liquid.
- Pulse the blender a few times to get the mixture moving.
- Leave blender on to puree vegetables entirely.
- Mash remaining vegetables in the pot masher until no large chunks remain using a fork or potato.
- Combine pureed vegetable mixture in the pot with coconut milk and stir.
- Season soup with salt and pepper.
Bisque originated in France.