How to Make Garlic Bread Fantastique
- Be sure to properly preheat the oven.
- Take a medium bowl and combine the butter, mayonnaise, sage, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in it.
- Make sure that you spread the mixture on the bread evenly.
- The bread itself must be fresh and not stale.
- Sprinkle the mixture and the bread with Parmesan cheese.
- Place the bread in the oven under broil for about 5 minutes.
- You can also alternatively choose to toast it.
- Take it out and give it time to rest.
- Serve it.
Garlic Bread Trivia:
- Garlic bread is crusty bread similar to a baguette.
- It is usually served as an entrée or an appetizer in a main meal especially in Italian cuisine.
- Garlic bread is derivation of the Italian brushetta which is a similar sliced bread based dish that is served with olive oil and garlic glove. It is considered to have been a part of Italian cuisine since the Ancient Roman times.
- Garlic bread is considered one of the most commonly served appetizer items in the world.
- There are nearly 60 different methods to prepare standard garlic bread.
- No one’s really sure how this item got named Garlic Bread.
- The texture of the garlic bread can either be soft or hard depending on how you prepare it.
In Italian culture it is considered rude to prepare garlic bread with an aluminum foil on top.