How to Make Fried Fish
- Marinate the fish with garlic paste, lemon juice, crushed cumin seeds, red pepper, turmeric powder and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour and seasoned salt.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a plastic bag.
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the dark beer.
- Now heat the peanut or corn oil in a deep fryer.
- Evenly coat both the sides of the fish fillets with the flour mixture, and then dip in the egg and beer mixture.
- Now place the fish fillet in a plastic bag with bread crumbs. Seal the bag and shake to evenly coat.
- Fry both the sides of the fish fillets in hot oil for about 4 to 5 minutes, until the fish turns golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil on a paper towel.
- Serve the fried fish with fries, and any sauce of your choice. Enjoy!
- Fried fish refers to any fish that is prepared by frying.
- The fish has to be covered in batter, flour, spices or herbs before it is fried.
In many cultures, fried fish is historically derived from pescado frito – a traditional dish from the Southern coast of Spain, and the traditional “fish and chips” of England which may have inspired.