Fried Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dip Sauce
For the Dip :
crumbled Point Reyes Original Blue cheese
small chopped garlic clove
tablespoon of buttermilk
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
kosher salt to taste
For the Wings :
vegetable or peanut oil
1 1/2 cups
red hot sauce
How to Make Fried Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dip Sauce
- Prepare the blue cheese dip by combining sour cream, Point Reyes Original blue cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, buttermilk, and lemon juice in a food processor. Process it until well-combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the cheese dip in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To make the wings, pour one inch of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet over high heat. Check the temperature with a deep-fry thermometer. If it registers 375 degrees F then it means the oil is hot enough.
- Now thoroughly mix the flour and paprika in a dish. Dip the chicken wings in the flour mixture to coat. Make sure that the chicken is thoroughly coated with the flour mixture. Tap off the excess.
- Fry the wings in batches. Fry them until properly cooked and turn golden brown. This will take about 15 minutes. Make sure that all the sides of the chicken are completely cooked.
- Remove the chicken pieces with the tong and transfer to the rack to drain the excess oil.
- Meanwhile, combine the hot sauce, butter and honey in a medium pot over medium heat. Cook until the butter melts. Continue to cook until the sauce thickens for about 10 minutes.
- Now add the cooked wings in the sauce. Mix until they are evenly coated with the mixture.
- Serve with the Point Reyes Original blue cheese dip and enjoy!
- Point Reyes Original Blue is gluten-free blue cheese made from raw cow’s milk
- It is produced by Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company, California, US
- The cheese won the Best Cheese award at the 2011 Fancy Food Show in Washington DC
Buffalo wings were invented by Teressa Bellissmo in 1964