How to Make Four Cheese Sauce
- In a pan, pour in the broth and let it heat until it begins to simmer. In a separate heavy saucepan, add the butter and let it melt until it gets foamy. Then, add the flour and let it cook. Make sure you are stirring constantly until the mixture begins to bubble a little. Then add the broth to the saucepan and stir it in so any lumps can be dissolved. When the mixture becomes smooth, you can add the milk.
- After the milk is incorporated, you will need to add the mustard powder, pepper, and nutmeg. Turn the heat down to low and let is cook on low for 5 minutes while you are stirring so it does not stick.
- Then add the Provolone, Fontina, and Gorgonzola and stir them until they melt. Lastly, add the Parmesan and taste to see if any adjustments need to be made. Some cheeses are salty, therefore, taste, and add accordingly.
- If you are making this sauce to be used later, you will need to place parchment paper on the hot sauce so a thick skin does not for.
- Cheese is a nutritious food made from the milk of various animals.
- National cheese day is on January 20th.
- On average, a person consumes at least 23 pounds of cheese a year. First, it was 8 pounds, but now the numbers have drastically increased.
About 1800 cheeses exist in the world.