How to make Fig and Lemon Chicken recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Add lemon juice, vinegar, brown sugar, and water to a bowl and keep aside.
- Add the lemon slices and figs in the bottom of a baking dish (approx 11 x 16 in). On the top of these, arrange the chicken thighs.
- Pour the vinegar mixture and sprinkle some salt. Add dried parsley.
- Roast or bake at 200°C for about 50 minutes while basting it often. Flip the figs when they turn brown on one side.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken, lemon slices, and figs and place them on a warm platter.
- Skim the fat from the cooking juices and add it over the chicken in the manner of sauce. Add some fresh parsley and serve hot.
You can use aluminum foil to keep the food moist. This will also help cook it more evenly and facilitate clean-up. We recommend using fresh ripe figs rather than using dried figs as they add much more flavor to the delicacy.
- Fig, often quoted as the miracle fruit is abundant in vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber.
- Figs are alkaline in nature and hence consumed by people who are looking at quitting smoking. The fruit decreases the desire for smoking.