How to Make Exquisite Pizza Sauce
Exquisite Pizza Sauce
- Take a small bowl.
- Mix together water, Parmesan cheese garlic, honey, anchovy paste, onion powder, basil, marjoram, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, oregano and salt. Break up clumps of Parmesan cheese.
- Let the sauce sit for 30 minutes to let the flavors blend properly.
- Add pizza sauce to pizza dough. Prepare pizza according to instructions.
- Cut tomatoes in quartered pieces. Use a spoon to pluck out seeds and discard. Take a deep pot, add tomatoes and bring to a boil at high flame.
- Reduce the flame to medium and simmer for 30 minutes until the tomatoes have turned soft and liquid has come out.
- Place tomatoes on a sieve and push through with the back of a ladle. Remove tomato skins and seeds. Follow the same process for the remaining tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes in the same pot at high flame. Mix with salt and bring to a boil. Turn the flame low and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from flame. Preheat oven to 200F. In a 9 x 9 baking pan, add olive oil. Add the paste to pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan. Stir puree and pull it from the edges towards the center. Spread into an even layer. Again, bake for 30 minutes, stir and evenly spread again. Repeat the process until you get a thick paste.
- Place puree into a jar, coat the top with a thin layer of olive oil.
The tomato puree can be stored for a week. If you don’t plan to use it within a week, divide it into small portions in an ice tray.
Always use sterilized jars with air-tight lids. Wash off label or stickers with warm water. Use good-quality detergent to wash the container.