- 2 eggplants, large
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 3 cups of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup of pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup of dry breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
Are you depriving yourself of traditional fried Eggplant Parmesan Casserole because of its high calories? We have a treat for you! This oven cooked Eggplant Parmesan Casserole recipe is easy to make and has surprisingly fewer calories than the traditional dish.
Baked Eggplant Parmesan Casserole is far healthier than the fried casserole due to less consumption of oil in its preparation. Eggplant being the core ingredient in the recipe is full of vitamins, fiber, and minerals like phosphorus, copper, thiamin, and magnesium.
How to Make Eggplant Parmesan Casserole
Eggplant Parmesan Casserole is one variation of casserole. The traditional recipe for casserole includes canned meat, vegetables, and soup.