Eggplant and Asparagus Napoleons
1 - eggplant, large unpeeled cut into 12-15 slices
16 - asparagus spears medium
salt to taste
1 can - whole milk ricotta
½ cup - pecorino romano, grated
½ cup – basil, chopped
Lemon zest and lemon juice of 1 large lemon
How to make Eggplant and Asparagus Napoleons
- Add olive oil in a grill pan for the vegetables.
- Grill the eggplant over medium heat on a for 4-5 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the asparagus for 4-5 minutes over medium heat and add salt and pepper to taste as well until crispy.
- Combine ricotta, pecorino romano, basil, lemon zest and lemon juice in a large bowl. Mix until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the asparagus in half after cooled.
- Place 4 slices of eggplant on a baking sheet and spread the ricotta mixture on each slice and top it off with 4 pieces of asparagus.
- Again place another slice of eggplant and repeat the process.
- Top every napoleon with eggplant and bake until warmed for about 10 minutes.
Just like blueberry, eggplant is also a berry! Eggplant originated from India.
Asparagus actually belongs to the Lily family and is also related to onions and garlic.