Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
How to make Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Place mini cupcake liners inside of 24 mini muffin cups.
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Whisk together the peanut flour and salt in a small bowl.
- Shape the peanut butter mixture into small spheres.
- Note: use only a little bit at a time.
- Flatten the spheres into the shape of a disc that is slightly smaller than the mini muffin cup liner.
- Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining filling mixture.
- Place the dark chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Continue to heat for 10-second intervals.
- Stir for 1 minute between each interval.
- Continue until the chocolate has completely melted!
- Dollop a small amount of melted chocolate into one mini muffin liner.
- Note: Use a sufficient amount to cover the bottom of the liner.
- Carefully set one of the flattened filling spheres on top.
- Spoon more melted chocolate on top,
- Spread the chocolate so that it drips over the sides of the filling and into every nook and corner of the liners.
- Repeat with the remaining chocolate and filling discs.
- Place the chocolates in the freezer for 10-15 minutes (or until the chocolate has hardened).
The first chocolate bar was made in 1910.