How to Make Creamy Pesto Chicken
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Take chicken breast pieces and dip in the dry mixture to coat completely. Make sure to flip the sides so that the chicken is sufficiently coated.
- Over a medium heat, heat a skillet greased with oil.
- Place the chicken pieces and cook each side for almost 5 to 8 minutes until both the sides are cooked through and light brown color is achieved.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and cover with foil.
- In the same pan you cooked chicken in, add pesto and sauté it for 1 to 2 minutes over a medium heat until fragrant.
- Add heavy cream and stir until it is combined with the pesto.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken to the pan and spread Parmesan cheese on the top.
- Let the chicken cook until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped basil or parsley.
- Serve hot.
- “Pesto” is a Genoese language word that means to ‘pound or to crush.’
- Parmesan cheese is the most commonly used cheese for making pesto.
Pesto is used vastly in Italian cuisine and Creamy Pesto Chicken is one of the many variations of the pesto chicken recipe.