Cranberry Almond Biscotti
2 1/4 cups
cup of white sugar
teaspoon of baking powder
teaspoon of baking soda
tablespoon of vanilla extract
cup of sliced almonds
cup of sweetened dried cranberries
How to Make Cranberry Almond Biscotti
- Set your oven on 325 degrees F or 170 degrees C to preheat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: all purpose flour, white sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add egg whites and eggs in a separate mixing bowl. Pour in vanilla extract and whisk together until they are uniformly mixed.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and mix.
- Use an electric mixture and start blending until you have reached a moist concoction.
- Add dried cranberries and almond slices. Mix thoroughly again.
- On a floured surface, divide the batter into two halves and put each half into a log that is approximately 14 inches long and 1 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the log on the cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes until your cookies have reached a firm shape.
- Cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the biscotti diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- Decrease the temperature of the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Place the sliced biscotti upright on a cookie sheet with at least an inch’s space between them. Bake for 20 more minutes.
- Let them cook and store in a loosely covered jar.
- “Biscotti” (singular: Biscotto) is an Italian word that means “twice cooked” in English.
Almond cookies are also known as “cantuccini” in Italian and originated from the city of Prato.