Double Chocolate Biscotti
1- ¾ cups
semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Double Chocolate Biscotti
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk cream, butter and sugar in another bowl with an electrical mix. Mix it until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs. Make sure to mix thoroughly well. Beat in the vanilla extract. Now mix in the dry ingredients along with the chocolate chips. Stir until well-combined.
- Dust a work surface with the flour. Using a rubber spatula put the sticky dough onto the work surface. Use hands to shape it into a rough ball. If it is too sticky add more flour.
- Cut it into pieces and place them in the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow enough space between the pieces to spread a few inches once they bake.
- Bake them for 30 to 35 minutes until soft and firm.
- Take the biscotti out on the pan and cool them for 5 minutes.
- Now turn them on the other side. And place them back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Once fully baked, take the pan out and place the biscotti on the cooling rack.
- Now dust the biscotti with confectioner’s sugar.
- Top the biscotti with some more chocolate chips.
- Serve it with coffee or tea and enjoy the yummy biscotti!
- Chocolate comes from a cocoa tree known as – Theobroma Cacao, and it means “food of the god”.
- The cocoa tree is so delicate that the farmers lose almost 30% of the crops each year.
- Ivory Coast is the single largest producer of cocoa, providing 40% of the world’s supply.
- It takes two to four days to make a single-serving chocolate bar.
The French celebrate April Fool’s Day with chocolate-shaped fish.