How to Make Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet for a minute or so over medium-high heat.
- Add in the white and shiitake mushrooms with a dash of salt and keep sautéing until their juices evaporate.
- Add in the garlic into the mushrooms and keep on stirring for a minute.
- Add in the chicken stock along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the mushrooms in the stock and recue heat. Let it simmer until the sauce thickened.
- Pour the heavy cream into the mushroom stock, combine and stir for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate large pot, fill it halfway with lightly salted water.
- Add in 1 tsp of olive oil to the water along with fettuccine pasta.
- Remove the pasta from the flame after it has become soft to bite. Drain the water and transfer the pasta to a dish. And cover the lid so that it stays warm.
- Add in the thyme, tarragon and chives to the mushroom sauce and stir until the flavors are combined.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the parmesan cheese until it is melted.
- Pour all the mushroom sauce over the pasta in the dish.
- Garnish the top with some fresh basil or oregano leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Mushrooms skin mimic vitamin D creation just like human skin when exposed to sunlight.
- Mushrooms have 80-90% water that is why when they are cooked, they shrink due to their water content being dried up.
- The antibiotic penicillin was derived from mushrooms.
- Not all mushrooms are edible and can be poisonous.
- There are over 600 types of pasta.
Unlike most food, pasta can be given to cats and dogs as it is not harmful to their digestive system.