Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
tablespoon virgin oil
large peeled and chopped sweet onion
seeded and chopped red bell pepper
cups sliced carrots
freshly minced garlic cloves
pounds boneless and skinless chicken breast
cups chicken broth
cup heavy cream
tablespoons packed spinach
tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
ounces package DeLallo Three-Cheese Tortellini
teaspoons dried thyme leaves
teaspoon crushed red pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Medium heat olive oil in a large sauce pot. Add the chopped onions. Let the onions cooked for 2 to 3 minutes until golden.
- Add the red bell pepper, carrots, and garlic. Mix them and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add the whole chicken breasts, chicken broth, dried thyme, red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt and a little ground black pepper to the pot. Bring it to a simmer. Lower the heat and let it cook for 15 to 18 minutes, until the chicken is properly cooked.
- Remove the chicken and place it onto a cutting board. Turn the heat to medium. Add in the DeLallo Three Cheese Tortellini in the simmering broth. Stir well so that the broth doesn’t stick to the pot.
- Meanwhile, chop and shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Add the chicken pieces back into the soup.
- Once the tortellini is cooked after 10 to 14 minutes, turn off the heat.
- Pour in the heavy cream. Add spinach and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve the creamy soup immediately and enjoy!
- Tortellini is small ringed shaped pasta.
- January is National Soup month.
The earliest evidence for the consumption of soup dates back to 6000 BC.