Chestnut Tourte D’Automne
How to Make Chestnut Tourte D’Automne
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start cutting the roasted chicken into bite sized pieces and place the cubes at the bottom of a cooking dish (it must be oven safe).
- Add 10 chestnuts and stir.
- Once you have mixed it properly, add the Campbell’s soup (this soup has the consistency of cream because it is made by adding milk and water) and stir again.
- Roll the puff pastry out, spread on top of the filling all the way to the sides of the dish, and lightly press it. If there is any excess, feel free to trim it off.
- If there is excess, you can make strips out of it and lay them on top of the surface.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg yolk and milk. With a food safe brush, brush the surface of the puff pastry.
- With the help of a fork, make a few holes on top of the puff pastry so the heat can go inside it and cook the filling.
- Let it stay in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the top is a beautiful golden brown.
- Wait for 30 minutes so it can set and then serve. You can serve it with a green salad or peas.
- Mostly, when someone refers to pie, you would think about something sweet, when in reality, there are savory versions of pie.
- According to your preference, you can put anything for the filling for your pie.
National pie day is on March 14.