How to make Coconut Ice
- Line a 7 x 7-inch pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Utilizing a heavy-bottomed saucepan, gently heat sugar and water, without boiling, until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil and keep cookingtill it reaches 240°
- Note: Check if the water is ready by dropping little syrup into a glass of cold water. It is ready if it forms a soft ball.
- Removefrom heat when the water is ready, and stir in the vanilla and coconut immediately.
- Keep stirring until thickens; 5-10 mins.
- Pour half of the solution into the prepared pan and level the surface with a knife or spatula.
- Tint the other half of the mixture by stirring in the food coloring.
- Pour the pink mixture on top of the other layer, and level the surface.
- Press all down firmly with the back of a spoon and allow to harden.
- Turn out of the pan, remove the paper, and cut the iceinto squares with a sharp knife once it has firmed.
Did you know that coconuts can float in the ocean.