How to Make Chili dogs
- Fill a large saucepan with water.
- Mash the beef with a potato masher to break it down to smaller pieces.
- Add it inside the saucepan and stir in ketchup, chili powder and tomato sauce.
- Stir black pepper, sugar and onion powder.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat until the beef is fully cooked .
- Continue to heat the saucepan over low heat until the chili has thickened, this could take about 20 minutes.
- Did you know that more than 75 million Americans consume beef every day?
- The meat is only derived from cattle which is at least 2 years old.
- A live animal weighs about 1000 pounds and can give up to 450 pounds of useful meat.
- The average cattle has more than 40,000 jaw movements a day
- The salivary glands of cattle can produce more than 50 liters of saliva a day
- Researchers have found that 18 soccer balls and 140 baseballs can be produced from cow hide.
Cattle contributes to more than 25 billion pounds of meat every year