- ½ kg chicken with bones
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 3 medium-sized onions – finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chilies
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 cup warm water
- salt as required
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves - chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¾ tsp red chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 in cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 3 green cardamom
When it comes to home cooked meals, nothing can compare to a steaming bowl of chicken curry and rice. It is almost a staple in most households, and everyone has their own rendition of the dish.
This recipe of chicken curry is pretty simple and uses only the basic ingredients. If you are living alone and far from home, this chicken curry recipe will definitely remind you of the Sunday lunches back home. So if you are looking forward to enjoying some home-cooked chicken curry and rice without any hassle, then this recipe is bound to come in handy!
Typically curry is prepared from a mixture of spices that have several health benefits:
- Turmeric is one of the primary ingredients in preparing curry and helps to reduce inflammation.
- Ginger helps to counter nausea.
- Coriander contains vitamins C, K, and protein.
- The spice mix also helps battle Alzheimer’s disease, heart conditions etc.
How to make Chicken Curry and Rice
Curry is typically associated with India, but is actually a cooking style native to many countries.