How to Make Cheesy Spinach Lasagna
- Preheat the oven to about 370 degree F.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water. Bring it to a boil.
- Pour lasagna pasta and cook according to instructions. It will take about 10 minutes until they are firm to the bite.
- Place the bacon in a large skillet. Cook over medium high heat until it is brown. Drain and set aside.
- Cook spinach according to the directions given.
- Beat the cream cheese at medium speed using an electric mixer. Add eggs and beat it until fluffy. Add mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese and garlic powder.
- Place half of the lasagna noodles in a lightly grased baking dish.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture with half of the spinach.
- Spread the remaining lasagna noodles, spinach and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- Did you know that the plural term for lasagna is ‘lasagne’?
- Although the dish is considered to have originated in Italy, it was already mentioned by historians in Ancient Rome. In his recipe book, “De re coquinaria”, Marco Gavio Apicio mentioned lasagna and how to prepare it.