How to Make Chicken Bog
- Place the water, salt and onion in a large pot.
- Add the chicken and bring it all to a consistent boil; cook until the chicken is tender, that should take about 1 hour +-5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool.
- Remove the skin and bones then chop the remaining meat into bite size pieces which would be faster cooking as well as less likely to get burnt.
- Skim off the fat from the broth and measure 3 1/2 cups of this chicken broth into a 6-quart saucepan.
- Add rice, chicken pieces, sausage, herb seasoning and bouillon to this saucepan.
- Cook all together for 30 minutes; let come to a boil, then reduce heat to low, keeping pan covered the whole time.
- If mixture is too watery or juicy, cook over medium low heat, uncovered, until it reaches the desired consistency. Stir often while cooking to ensure no residual ingredients are burnt out during the boil.