How to make Cauliflower Mash
- Finely chop the cauliflower. The smaller the pieces, the creamier the dish will be, and the faster the cauliflower will cook.
- Add the butter to a heated pan and add the chopped cauliflower to the pan after the butter melts.
- Cook the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring now and then till the cauliflower lightens in color.
- Add the salt and water to the cauliflower and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower turns tender.
- Drain the excess liquid while reserving some of it.
- You can mash the mixture by using an immersion blender or directly make a puree out of it by blending it in a processor.
- Garnish with more butter and chopped coriander. Serve hot!
- Cauliflower can grow from 8 inches to 30 inches in both width and breadth! China is known to be the biggest manufacturer of Cauliflower in the world.
- “Cauliflower” gets its name from the Italian Word Caoli Fiori which means “ Cabbage Flower” as it comes from the cabbage family.
- According to the famous writer, Mark Twain, “Cauliflower is nothing but a cabbage with a college education”.