How to make Capsicum Chutney
- In a flat pan heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- Sauté the urad and chana dhal on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add and stir-fry the sesame seeds, red chilis, 5 curry leaves, asafetida in medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add and sauté the capsicum with salt to taste in a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add and stir-fry grated coconut and tamarind over a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Cook and blend the mixture into a smooth paste adding some water.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in a small pan add the mustard seeds, remaining 5 curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Pour the tempering evenly on the chutney and mix well, and your chutney is ready.
- Capsicums are also called bell peppers.
- Capsicums come in different colors like green, yellow, red and orange.
- Capsicums contain vitamins A and C.