- 600 g whole tender carrots
- 7 whole almonds
- 1/2 tsp green pods of cardamom
- 10 g red dry chilies
- 3 tsp salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 and 1/3 cup plain white vinegar
- 20 g piece of ginger
- 350 g White sugar
- 50 g fresh raisins
India is a land of diverse cultures that are marked with widely varying languages, attire, food habits and traditions. The culinary choices are as diverse as the people. Thus, the country is rich in the preparations of condiments that go with the regional preferences of food with their abundant variants. The carrot and garlic chutney is one such innovative dip that is prepared in various methods across the country. It makes a refreshing accompaniment to main course chicken and similar dishes.
Both carrots and garlic is a powerhouse of elements that provide multiple health benefits. Some of the few are:
- Carrots prevent eye diseases.
- Carrots reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Carrots help in weight loss.
- Garlic is a blood purifier.
- Garlic gives relief from cold and flu.
How to make Carrot Garlic Chutney