How to make Carrot Garlic Chutney
- Soak the almonds in water for one hour.
- Cut the almonds into half and keep aside.
- Shred the carrot into in a bowl.
- Slice the garlic cloves and ginger and store it in different bowls.
- Crush the green cardamom using a crusher.
- To a pan on a moderate flame sprinkle some water.
- Add shredded carrots, sliced garlic, and ginger to the pan. Turn the flame to minimum and keep stirring the mixture till the water is absorbed.
- Add the other ingredients sugar, raisins, salt as required, soaked and split almonds, crushed cardamom seeds, red peppers, and white vinegar and toss gently.
- Cook on a low flame till you get a consistent thick mixture.
- Your carrot garlic chutney is ready.
- Allow it to cool and then pour it into an air tight jar.
- The orange color of the carrot is due to the presence of beta-carotene which transforms into Vitamin A.
- Did you know that carrots can be of colors other than orange? Surprisingly they can also be white, red, yellow and purple.