How to make Cabbage Poricha Kootu
- Wash and soak channa dal for about 15-30 min.
- Pressure cook channa dal, cabbage, green chilies, turmeric powder, for 2 whistles turn off the stove.
- Grind the ingredients stated above to a fine paste. Use water as required.
- Open the lid once the cooker has cooled. Transfer the cooked cabbage and dal to a bowl.
- Add ground masala paste and salt to taste. Add water based on your preferred consistency and let boil for 3-4 mins.
- Squeeze lemon and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in kadai and temper the remaining ingredients.
- Add tempering to the cabbage kootu and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!