- 2 cups cabbage – finely chopped
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- 3-4 dried red chilies
- 1 pinch asafetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup water
Cabbage chutney is a very popular side dish served especially with South Indian food delicacies like dosa, idlis and sambhar rice. In addition to the spiciness, it offers certain crunchiness, which is very unique and certainly outstanding.
Cabbage curry (as a main course) is very common across many parts of India, though the chutney is not. The recipe is quite simple, one you can rustle up in minutes. If you are not too excited about making cabbage sabji or spiced curry, try this chutney for it is delicious and healthy too!
- Raw cabbage helps to get rid of terrible migraine headaches.
- It is scientifically proven to prevent the risk of developing cancer.
- It is considered a magic cure for baldness.
- Cabbage is high in sulfur content, which aids in keratin production resulting in healthy hair, skin, and nails
How to make Cabbage Chutney