- 500 gm chicken - preferably boneless
- 500 gm spinach (palak)
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 tomato - finely chopped
- 2 green chilies - finely chopped
- 1 onion (medium sized) - finely chopped
- 1/2 onion - made into a paste
- 3 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- coriander powder (Dhania powder)
- 3 tbsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- turmeric powder (haldi)
Chicken saag is a delicious chicken curry infused with the flavors of ginger blended with the spicy concoction of coriander, garam masala, garlic, and onion. Toss in some delicious fresh spinach and you’re in for a treat. Saag is traditionally made from spinach, mustard, and broccoli. A delicacy from the kitchens of North India, chicken saag achieves a perfect balance of spices and flavors that are all intricately added to add to the charm!
Chicken saag is packed with proteins, vitamins and minerals, besides being a very delectable dish.
How to make Chicken Saag
Interestingly, spinach is believed to have originated in Iran, then called Persia. Chicken saag is a dish of North Indian origin. It is a great way to combine spinach as well as tomato with chicken. Chicken saag tastes great and has high nutrition density.