How to Make Butter Fried Scampi
- Start heating the pan and add the garlic and onions to it.
- Add red chilies, cinnamon, cumin, pepper corns, coriander seeds, star anise, cloves and fennel and sauté them all together.
- Keep sautéing them until a brown crisp texture appears on them all.
- Add salt and lower the heat.
- Roast them all together for 5 minutes.
- Now transfer this mixture into a blender and add the turmeric and chili powder.
- Once you’ve gotten the powder form, add some red wine vinegar, sugar and oil to it.
- This would turn into a nice and frothy mixture which you should transfer to a bowl.
- Make sure that you clean and de-scale the prawns before you cook them.
- Carefully remove the back shell, and expose the flesh of the prawns.
- Dry them off thoroughly and toss them properly with masala.
- Once they’ve properly been dusted with the masala, place them in an oven dish.
- Now add the butter, and squeeze half a lemon.
- Cook these prawns for 10 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Take the prawns out and let them sit for about a minute.
- Serve with some chopped coriander.
- The tastiest shrimps are the ones that can be found in freshwater lakes and rivers.
- They usually come to the seashore in search of food if they can’t find it underwater.